Follow Child Refuge on Twitter

Are You Trapped in Prostitution?

Child Prostitution: Consequence and Prevention
Consequence The most glaring and painful effect of child trafficking and prostitution to children is the trauma. They may escape and get over the physical and mental abuse during the exploitation, b...

What to do if you are trapped in child prostitution:

  • Make up your mind to leave. We know from research and anecdotal evidence that the vast majority of prostitutes do not want to be doing what they are doing. Leaving can be difficult and even dangerous, but in order to live your life, you have to be free.


  • We realize you may have already had run-ins with the police and been arrested. However, in many cases there are state services available to help you get out of prostitution. Let a law enforcement officer know that you want out.


  • It may be impossible for you to leave on your own, especially if you have an abusive pimp over you. There are many organizations that will intervene and help you escape.  Start by calling the National Human Trafficking Resource Center 1-888-373-7888 .  They can connect you with qualified organizations in your area.


  • We know you are weary. You are tired of this life. Tired of the abuse. Tired of being used. Consider these words “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.”  These words were spoken by a man who loves you more than you can imagine. He wants to give you life, hope, joy, restoration. Most of all, he wants to shower you with his love. His name is Jesus. Right now, where you are, call out to him. He can save you.


What to do if you know a young person trapped in child prostitution:

  • Contact the local police and let them know. Tell them all the details you can: if there’s a pimp, drug addiction, etc. whatever the circumstance is. The police may not always be able to do something, but you have to try.


  • If the local police can’t do anything, contact a national organization like National Human Trafficking Resource Center (number above) or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.  They have a site that has been congressionally mandated called on which you can report acts of child prostitution anywhere in the country.

Related Articles:


Quick Help

Not sure what to do? Need help? Just fill the blanks and we will respond within 1 business day.
Invalid Input
Invalid Input
Invalid Input
Invalid Input